The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) is a quasi-independent Government body responsible for regulating the Communications in Tanzania. It was established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No. 12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, Postal services and Broadcasting (for Mainland Tanzania only) in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Authority became operational on 1st November 2003 and effectively took over the functions of the now defunct Tanzania Communications Commission (TCC) and Tanzania Broadcasting Commission (TBC) respectively,
For effective implementation of its duties and responsibilities, TCRA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies in its establishment.
Job Position: TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS I– Two Positions
Carry out installations, monitoring, repairing and maintaining communications equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily monitoring of the tele-traffic monitoring system.
- Manage all transmission links that are connected to the service providers.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and upgrades needed for the Telecommunications Traffic Monitoring System infrastructures.
- Carry out field works for anti-fraud and CEIR Operations.
- Prepare technical performance reports of the TTMS.
- Collaborate with mobile network providers to ensure TTMS data flows are accurate.
- Prepare and update TTMS equipment inventory.
- Assist to develop tools for monitoring and analysis of system performance and data accuracy.
- Assist to determine optimal database design including all relevant factors such as memory, disk space allocation, program performance, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) services, and growth trends;
- Identify and implement proactive monitoring solutions to allow for early problem detection and prevent issues from influencing performance or availability; and
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution with working experience of at least four (4) years in related field. The individuals shall be registered as Graduate Engineer by the Engineers Registration Board.
A: Essential Skills/Abilities
- Familiarity with MS Office, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Understanding of 2G, 3G and 4G networks (including the core network, access networks and Operation and Maintenance Systems)
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, BICC and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF etc)
- Ability to work with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Adequate interpersonal and organizational skills
- Team player with customer service orientation
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili languages;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage complex and delicate tasks;
A person with good communication skills, orally articulate, good written communication skills, good writer, good analyser, good listener and critical thinker;
Ability to draw reasonable, logical conclusions or assumptions from limited information;
Display a great deal of creativity and pays attention to details;
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate
- Applicants who will attach copies of the folowing certificates wil not be considered;
- Form IV and form VI results slips
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- Applicant who have retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
- The post applied for; should be clearly marked on top of the envelope and addressed to:
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O. Box 474,
14414 DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for application is Monday 4th November 2019;
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview,
treated as criminal offence and legal action shal be taken,