Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job Vacancies at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS), 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Ajira Mpya Tanzania at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS), Ajira Yako, Ajiraleo, Nafasi za Kazi at African Underground Mining Services (AUMS), Jobs Tanzania
Job Title: Graduate Mining Engineer (Geita)
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formally the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients. In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
To assist Senior Mining Engineer and Site Management with the technical mining issues on site and/or department, interpret and analyse mining physicals and site costs, and to integrate with the client technical services department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations,
which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
2. Complies with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations.
3. Maintains strong links with underground foremen, supervisors and underground miners.
4. Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
5. Performs pre-start checks.
6. Ensure mining physicals are achieved as per contract / client schedules.
7. Ensure an intimate understanding of the site contract, variations and management plans and ensure that AUMS is compliant with these requirements.
8. Ensure client requirements are met contractually and maintain a favourable relationship with the client.
9. Use analysis and implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
10. Production monitoring.
11. Monthly performance reporting.
12. Management of Quality Assurance Programmes.
13. Budget preparation.
14. Assists with the preparation of monthly claims and interface with the client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering, with a high standard of academic attainment.
- Ability and willingness to complete practical hands on underground mining training.
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- Work independently and fully capable of applying established standards.
- Ability to manage the mining contract and manage mining costs.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with employees and client site management.
- Ability to accurately prepare monthly mining progress claims and present on time to client.
- Ability to schedule labour.
- Understanding the mine reporting system.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s Licence.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Willingness to participate in drug and alcohol screening, zero tolerance for positive results.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Highly Desirable:
- Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency or First Class Mine Managers (FCMM) Certificate of Competency.
- Demonstrated experience of assistance management role in high productivity underground contracting environment with world class productivities (250 meter per month per jumbo, 50000 ore tonnes per month)
- Have in-depth knowledge of MinRep, Deswick, Vulcan, and Surpac etc, and be able to design and implement relevant templates for reporting and recording.
- Ability to assess mining working conditions and environment.
- Understanding of mining equipment and human resource capability and productivities.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should reach the above on or before 08th November 2019, 18hr00.
BEWARE OF CON MEN! AUMS(T) Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or +255 682 660 256 or +255 682 660.