KEY PROJECT OUTPUTS
Capacities of 200 female aspirants are strengthened in the area of political leadership, ethics, campaigning, networking and equal opportunities in decision-making bodies.
Capacities of ORPP to institute, monitor and document policies and laws that increase participation and representation of women in political parties are enhanced.
Knowledge and exchange between organizations active in the field of women is increased.
PURPOSE OF THE EVALUATION
The purpose of the final evaluation is to assess the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, the impact and the sustainability of the project with the project logframe as the point of reference. The consultant is expected to review the project documents including the project proposal, log frame, project reports, monitoring data and gathered information from beneficiaries, implementing partners as well as from the project team. The evaluation will include a desk review as well as interviewing of the key project target groups.
The evaluation will assess the listed key questions
• Is is plausible that the action has contributed to ensuring women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and
public life in Tanzania?.
• In how far have the project outcome and outputs identified in the log frame been achieved by the action?
• What has changed in the capacity of the women aspirants in the areas of political leadership, ethics, campaigning, networking and equal opportunities in decision-making bodies?
• In how far has the action enhanced the capacities of ORPP to institute, monitor and document policies and laws that increase participation and representation of women in political parties?
• Is it plausible that the knowledge and exchange between organizations active in the field of women is increased.?
• What are the main lessons learned and recommendations for a future project design for similar actions
METHODOLOGY AND SOURCES
Applicants should briefly but clearly describe the methodology and approaches to be used in the final evaluation exercise. The methodology is one of the selection criteria for this assignment apart
from other listed criteria below.
ACTIVITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Note: The consultant is expected to strictly adhere to the dates listed in the table. To see the table please “Copy and Paste” the link below to a NEW tab to read.
CONTENTS OF THE REPORT
The evaluation report should include at least the following elements:
1) Short description of the project
2) Executive Summary
4) Context analysis
5) Project design
11) Recommendations for future actions
12) Other comments/insights
13) Conclusions and recommendations
14) Annexes :
c. survey tools (questionnaires etc.)
d. Literature if applicable
Offers will be shortlisted based on the following specifications:
“Copy and paste”
the link to a new tab to see the criteria. – https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0n2K1Q9FOnYWM2c0gtVTVrR0VUUzh5QUdRWE5ISHlCVXZZ/view?usp=sharing
If you are interested in applying for this work, please provide a response to this document (6 pages of A4 max), and include:
1. Experience in this area and examples of other similar work undertaken
2. A description of your proposed approach and methodology for the work, including key milestones and accompanying timeline.
3. A quality assurance plan that sets out the systems and processes for quality assuring the evaluation process and deliverables of the project.
4. A breakdown of the expected allocation of days (limited to 30 days) for the different deliverables
5. Team composition (if applicable) including roles and responsibilities for this work and their relevant experience.
6. The name and contact details for two previous clients.
Annexes should include:
1. A budget to include consultancy fees and figures for expenses and/or VAT where appropriate
2. CVs of relevant team members if any
3. Consultant’s Profile
a. Academic Qualification if applying as an individual consultant.
b. Company Profile if applying as a company
c. List of clients detailing dates and title of the assignment
d. EU Project evaluation experience or related relevant assignments
e. Understanding of the country context laws and regulations.
4. Two examples of previous work by the applicant.
5. Any other relevant information.
Shortlisted suppliers may be invited to discuss their proposals in more detail at HSF discretion. HSF, at its sole discretion, will select the successful proposal and shall be free to:
▪ Accept the whole, or part only, of any submission
▪ Accept none of the proposals
▪ Republish this Request for proposals
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested consultant (or consultants) should send the above mentioned documents, to Raphael Ami, (HSF-EU-Project Manager), via Ami-R@hss.de, clearly indicating in the subject heading “Application for consultancy for final evaluation of “Women Leaders – Power of Change” project. . Closing date for submission proposals is November 17th, 2019