New Internships Vacancies at International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Tanzania | Deadline: 06th November, 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
CVAC Intern – [1 Position] Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania]
TERMS OF REFERENCE
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Vacancy Announcement IOM/DAR/031/19
Position title CVAC Intern
Position grade Ungraded – UG
Duty station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the VAC Team Leader programmatically and overall supervision of to the Chief of Mission administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in the provision of client information: information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
2. Assist in verifying the bank statements for the confirmation of payment when the mail in applications are received.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
4. Immediately inform VAC Team Leader of any problems or issues related to daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
5. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
6. Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ, the CoM/HoO and the VAC Team
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics or similar fields.
• Post graduate diploma is an asset, as well as volunteering experience in similar field.
• Attention to detail and good organizational skills. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Capacity to achieve time-bound results in a multi-cultural environment with respect to local customs and habits.
• Basic knowledge of computer skills
• Fluency in both written and spoken, English and Kiswahili
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email@example.com
Or send applications to the address below; International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is only open for Tanzanian nationals.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/
Posting period: From 24th October – 06th November 2019