Senior Insurance Officer
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic
Plan (2017-2021). In line with this expansion, the company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions:-
POSITION: SENIOR INSURANCE OFFICER (1 POST)
Must have Bachelor Degree in Insurance & Risk Management/ Social Security or relevant qualifications from a recognized Institution Possession of relevant Master’s Degree is an added advantage, n. Must have hands on work experience of not less than 5 years in highly competitive business environment,
Candidates with aviation experience will be given preference
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise Management on all affairs relating to insurance cover on all ATCL properties.
- Working with Insurance Company to gather & review information for corporate insurance arrangements.
- Coordinate plans and negotiations before insurance registration or renewal of insurance covers.
- Make recommendations for rating, wording and insurers to Management.
- Identify new insurable risks within the Business and make recommendations for effective management of the risks.
- Working with the Management to report on cover arrangements, premiums and recoveries.
- Review and negotiate contractual insurance obligations placed on the Company.
- Manage the liability claims notification process to insurers so that the insurers have sufficient information to investigate claims and monitor the effectiveness of the insurer’s claims handling service.
- Identify areas for unproved risk management practices within the Company — both property and health and safety related.
- Identify and work with the organization to create practices and procedures that ensure risks are managed effectively from an insurance viewpoint
- Assist on formulating guidelines and ensure people are aware and able to comply with them.
- Resolve insurance queries from departments and third parties.
Five (5) years contract and attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
A curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school),other relevant certificates/licenses, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council of Tanzania- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Within Fourteen (14) days from the date of issue of this announcement. Deadline will 12 February, 2020:
The application letters should be directed to the following address:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO AIR TANZANIA
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM