Title: Senior Finance Officer
Reports to: Head of Finance
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill in a position of Senior Finance Officer in the Country office (TCO) under LAD Project based in Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to the HOF, the Senior Finance Officer is responsible for overall finance functions of LAD Project daily data input into the finance system, process payments to vendors, prepare staff and consultant advances. He/she is directly responsible to collect all money owing to the projects and ensure that all banking’s are made in timely fashion. The Senior Finance Officer is responsible to ensure that all financial documents are properly approved and filled under lock and key. Support Finance Manager in preparation of Quarterly reports and analysis on burn rate.
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in LAD office in accordance with the EH SoPs and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, compliance.
- Train and supervise the finance assistant.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to DC, for review by the Regional Finance Manger, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, detailed ledger, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Senior Finance Manager and Program staff as required, including expenditures by project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Senior Finance Manager.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies, train EH staff in these policies.
- Take lead in reviewing Travel Authorization form and travel expense reports for staff and consultants where necessary.
- Ensure that the staff outstanding advances are kept at minimum level and carry out aging analysis to ensure that all outstanding balances are current amounts for each month.
- Coordinate payment process make sure that staff are paid on time and adhere to the donor and organization policy and procedures.
- Ensure proper approvals and filing of project documents.
- Assist in coordination and support during Internal, compliance and external audits
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree/B.COM/or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
- Minimum of four years of progressive financial management experience is required
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or CPA will be added advantage.
- Minimum three years of experience from an international NGO is required; international NGO field office experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Previous knowledge of SAGE will be an advantage.
Please visit the careers page atwww.engenderhealth.org to submit your details by Friday, 15 November, 2019. Please include details of your salary requirements and salary history. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.