Risk Management Analyst
FINCA MICROFINANCE BANK
Dar es Salaam
The Risk Management Analyst is the role that assisting Head of Risk on implementation of various Risk Management Processes and Tools to ensuring effective risk assessments, treatment, monitoring and reporting to reduce probability of failure and uncertainty in achieving the bank’s overall objectives. The role is responsible to analyze and proactive assessing various risks including but not limited to Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Market, Regulatory and Strategic risks, New product and third-party risk Management. Risk Management Analyst works within bank’s risk management framework and in Coordination with functional heads, senior management to effectively optimize risk return trade off. This requires strong collaboration and partnership with process owners and stakeholders across the bank.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
Reports To: Head of Risk
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential duties includes, but not limited to;
- Performing Risk Assessment for Projects, New Products, Services, Vendors /Third- parties, Counterparties.
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting; Analyze current risk exposures facing the bank and ensuring appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends through various risk monitoring programs including; Key Risk Indicators, Operational Loss Events /Incident management and Scenario analysis.
- Support management in the development, review and update of Risk Control Self- Assessment (RCSAs) risk registers as a basis for preparation of the organization’s risk profile and subsequent monitoring.
- Conduct a detailed credit risk analysis including vintage and Migration analysis to provide insight on loan quality and collection trend.
- Embed risk management process in bank’s business strategies & plans through risk awareness training and implementation of various risk tools to improve risk culture.
- Continuously endeavor to improve the Enterprise risk management framework (ERM), risk parameters and metrics – losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators for all aspects of risk across the bank.
- Assist in the development of departmental reports to be submitted to Board of Directors, Management and Regional Office. This includes Subsidiary Risk reports,weekly risk updates, Risk monthly activity report and Board pack preparation and others as assigned by Head of Risk.
- Ensure all documentations related to Risk programs are properly filed to sustain historical trend and future business decisions.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- A good understanding of Risk Management Practices in the financial services sector, preferably microfinance.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and guide performance of Risk Management Analyst in a manner that consistently meets established standards or benchmarks.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, organizational capacity, teamwork and trust that are needed to make the required changes.
- Highly investigative and analytical skills.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Economics, Accounting, Business, Credit or Finance or Equivalent studies from a recognized high learning institution; Professional Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- A demonstrated experience in fields of Risks Management, Compliance, Internal Control or Internal Audit in banking industry;
- An in-depth knowledge of advanced latest lending techniques, products, cash management or Investment instruments
- Sound knowledge of micro finance principles, and practices of banking.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio and other computerized Office applications