Purchasing or Logistics manager
This vacancy is for a Tanzanian experienced Purchasing or Logistics manager. Hotel experience would be an advantage.
Coordinate and manage the overall operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department in the Serengeti and Arusha to ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner.
Keep abreast of new and alternative products in the market and consult with hotel management on products to enhance cost effectiveness and quality standards.
Maintain the highest level of integrity and transparency in dealing with business partners and ensure that business is awarded fairly.
Must be well organized and able to deal with multiple projects and demands here and the Lodge and in Arusha offices
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Ensure proper authorization has been obtained for all hotel-specific purchasing contracts and conduct, manage and complete competitive bids in accordance with policy and ensure bids are on file where applicable prior to execution of contracts.
- Ensure Management Agreement and all other Purchasing Agreement terms and conditions are fulfilled.
- Monitor the status of slow-moving stocks and ensure a Slow-Moving Stocks Report is circulated monthly to the Director of Finance and the respective Division Heads concerned. Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly documented and accounted for, completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared and the items are purchased. Supervise the day-to-day functions of the Receiving Clerk and ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with Four Seasons Purchasing and Receiving Procedures.
- Assist Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices. Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel. Complete the corporate annual operating equipment and supply requirements with the corporate Purchasing Department and the appropriate hotel department heads, including quarterly review and update of annual forecasts
- Coordinate purchases related to capital projects with the corporate Purchasing Department as well as outside contractors. Conduct frequent quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- Familiar with hygiene standards and perform hygiene audits as required. Monitor daily costs and prepare or review a daily and month-to-date Food & Beverage Cost Report.
- Cost and record steward sales, house charges, employee meals and other similar cost credit items on a daily basis.
- As required, attend Food & Beverage Meeting to review prior month’s Food & Beverage Cost Report to highlight actions.
- Attend Expiration Meeting with Food & Beverage managers to limit and control disposal items.
- Attend Shipment Meeting with concerned department to control overseas shipments ongoing. Ensure goods importation process is up to date at all the times with local requirements from local authorities in charge of importation regulation.
- Avoid penalties from local authorities while importing goods from overseas.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the required duties and be willing to assist in the absence of any member of the department.
- Follow all Finance & Hotel Policies & Procedures and Internal Controls in the performance of one’s duties.
- Be willing to assist with hotel or departmental initiatives as applicable. Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Constantly keep abreast of new products, services and processes and consult with hotel management on feasibility of implementation.
- Ensure that the department works closely with the Chef and the Food & Beverage Director to purchase the highest quality products while constantly searching for the most competitive price.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in preparing forecasts and budgets as required locally, by corporate office or Management Agreement.
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month-end, quarterly or annual inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Support Home Office and the hotel’s Safety Committee and Green initiatives. Work closely with consultants to ensure the full benefit of their advice is realized.