Position:Records Management Clerk (1 post)
Reports to:Project Leader
Work station: Mtwara
Apply by: December 5, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Records Management Clerk to fill a vacant position in the ONGEZA project. The project will pilot, implement and evaluate a novel system to document and process health information collected in rural health facilities, to feed into the District Health Information System (DHIS-2) in Tandahimba district Mtwara. S/he will provide daily services to the project including scanning and Archiving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scan all smart paper forms.
- Register all scanning documents in the SPF delivery registration form.
- Place all scanned documents in the SPF archive.
- Store scanned SPFs in separate ARCHIVE boxes/folders. Every month should have own ARCHIVE (recommended).
- Categorize SPFs by name of health units (recommended).
- Archive all SPFs.
- Liaise with district officials.
- Control stocks of SPTS.
- Examine the filled SPTS to make sure all essential information is filled.
- Attend project meetings.
- Undertake any other tasks that the supervisor shall reasonably require from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Records Management/Health records management.
- Experience working in rural communities and health facilities
- Should be dweller from among the districts of Mtwara region
Skills and Competencies
- A computer using skills for various data management packages including scanning.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Good/excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P.o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam