Specialist; Card Disputes
NMB Bank PlcDar es Salaam, TZ
To make sure Card Business disputes are timely and properly managed to avoid financial losses and reputational risk; Keep up-to-date with information regarding card-fraud activity trends in the market and advise on means to prevent and ensure compliance to reporting fraud cases to International Card Associations
- Ensure daily retrieval for Chargebacks and Copy Request from Visa and MasterCard System and make the necessary follow up to branches to provide requested sales draft copies and ATM Journal rolls.
- Ensure outgoing chargebacks are processed on time and with correct response code.
- Report on all cases which are due for arbitration for both incoming and outgoing disputes and advise management on the best practice to avoid financial and reputational risk.
- Quarterly review of Visa operating regulation and MasterCard by-laws and rules and dispute procedure to ensure the bank is in compliance and complete the required Compliance Attestations.
- Liaise with Visa and MasterCard to obtain guidance on how to perform accurate, timely fraud activity reporting and proper documentation required to support a Chargeback or second presentment.
- Liaise with ICT to ensure that fraud control and prevention measures are implemented in the card management system and report for same activities are easily accessible to Card Business analyst.
- Follow up and understand fraud patterns and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Create fraud awareness to all stakeholders through training sessions and communicate to branches and Call Centre on existence of card fraud activity and the best way to protect customers from fraudulent activities.
- To perform Card Business risk review on all Card Business activities and processes to ensure that proper control and mitigation to the identified risk are put in place.
- Liaise with all stakeholders, ICT department, System Vendors and Merchants to ensure compliance to PCI-DSS in every quarter.
- Establish activity and process checklist for the entire Card Business unit; make the necessary follow up to ensure all activities are performed as indicated in the procedure and operational manuals.
- Knowledge dissemination to branches and call centre on dispute management and EMV and Secure code liability shift.
Business understanding of Banking operations, Card products; Issuing & Acquiring
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service skills.
Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Qualifications And Experience
- Graduate degree in Banking/Business Administration or any other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in handling Chargeback & Disputes of Issuing & Acquiring Card transactions related to MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Union Pay, etc.
- Familiarity with both domestic and international rules and regulations related to Chargebacks and Compliance
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.