NRC Tanzania is looking for DATA MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT base at kibondo ,Kigoma
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of NRC projects
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Support the development of appropriate Education related databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Process and analyse routine data captured by NRC Education staff and partners staff such as beneficiary registration, learner enrolments, attendance and verification, baseline/end line surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support the Education Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardise data and vulnerability analysis
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Support Projects staff to develop templates for data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Provide training for NRC and partner organization on relevant aspects of data management.
- Conduct adios data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the Education Coordinator.
- Support Education CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or R is desirable.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We can offer
Duty station: kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo