Job Title: Project Coordinator
Fixed term, Full-time
Purpose of the position:
The Project Coordinator manages key activities and deliverables in support to project management desired outcomes and outputs through systematic joint planning, implementation and reporting of activities within the project annual work plan.
Leads the scheduling and execution of project activities within the allocated budget and time Oversee all aspects of projects. Assigns responsibilities to project officers, monitors, compiles and summarize project reports. Provides feedback and regular updates to the project management team
He/ She has to ensure activities are planned and delivered within the agreed project scope and budget. He or she will coordinate, link and engage with government and partners in consultation with the project manager to ensure all aspects of KIHeWA project are compatible with donor, government and organizational standards.
Needed skills are on Reproductive, Maternal, New born and Child Health (MNC) Programs as well as WASH programs. He / She must have a thorough understanding of the Health and WASH Program strategy and deliverables. Experience working both with the government and with multi- lateral organization (KOICA funded project) and WASH interventions.
He /She familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordination of internal resources according to donors and organization standards
- Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress to meet budgetary objectives and makes adjustments to project constraints in consultation with Project management team
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Personnel management skills: leadership in team work, control, and ability to delegate, follow-up, supervise, support supervisees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
(please define in output format – 1-2 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position.
- Forges meaningful partnerships, collaborations and networks in support to WVT strategies for sustainable funding
- Manages stakeholder relationship: develops and maintains contacts of key stakeholders, meeting schedules and minutes
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the community, government, project staff and World Vision Korea.
- Attends conferences, meetings, trainings as required at district, and regional level , or as required by Project manager
- Supports the project manager to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Leads in tracking project performance, analyzes project reports maintains open communication with the project management to ensure the successful completion of project short and long-term goals
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensure that organization resources (equipment, materials and finance) are used for intended purpose and as per approved policies and guidelines
- Identifies, advices and manages project risks in a timely manner in consultation with the project management
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of KIHeWA project
- Leadership in technical feasibility and the definition of the Project key deliverables
- Works closely with project finance officer to ensure smooth project activities operations and reporting
- Reports, Plans and Stewardship of Resources
- Timely coordination quality preparation and submission of activity plans and budgets in coordination and consultation with the project manager for timely annual workplan and budget submission in compliance to donor requirements
- In collaboration project manager furnish the Health and Nutrition lead / Officer with timely and quality reports and information as required for Monthly Management Reports (MMR), and Annual reports
- Support program management with preparation of Program meeting minutes, presentations and project implementation summaries for stakeholder engagement at local, district, national level
- Capacity Building for field staff
- In collaboration with M&E build capacity to staff on results based activity monitoring and evaluation and review to ensure quality programming
- Build capacity to project officers on the Integrated Health and WASH Project deliverables, report writing and timelines to ensure high quality narrative reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual ) with timely submission to stakeholders
- Coordinate and plan program officers’ performance management goals and review process in alignment with WVT 2030 strategy
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by project management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree in health, health management or related field
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in similar responsibilities. Familiarity with KOICA project is an added advantage
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and managing projects;
- Proven technical ability in project coordination (i.e. Organisation, planning, liaison and with various players at regional, district and central government for timely delivery of project results)
- Experience with, or participation in project startup and implementation
- Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!