The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), an international conservation organization, is seeking for a competent and highly motivated Programme Accountant, to be based in Masasi.
Major Task Under the directives of the Ruvuma Landscape National Coordinator, the Programme Accountant’s responsibilities will be as follows: Provide hands on support on all financial and operational issues to ensure effective management of the Ruvuma Landscape Programme. Oversee implementation of donor and WWF’s operational policies, procedures standards and systems including budget management,financial reporting, and audits. Support and coordinate development of program’s operational, strategic and business plans and ensure effective implementation of the same
Major duties and responsibilities:
Program budgets management
- Manage program expenditure by ensuring that all program activities are fully funded and expended appropriately.
- Liaise with project technical staff and theTCO Financial Controller on budgetary/cash flows and disbursements from the donor and to program.
Financial management and accounting
- Playing a leading role in preparation and ensure timely submission of all financial reports assigned to you for review and approval to Programme Coordinator or Financial Controller for further submission to donors and other partners as per respective contracts.
- Manage key program documents including filing of invoices, contracts, vouchers and other related documents in line with Field Operations Manual and donor requirements..
Organize Program audits including preparation of documents for internal, external and donor audits.
Liaise with internal and external auditors on audit related issues
Required Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field, Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage, Three to five years of working with financial/accounting systems experience in a major international organisation/NGO i.e. USAID accounting, Good knowledge of fund accounting (including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral Aid Agencies); Knowledge on SWISS GAAP FER accounting framework will be a distinct advantage, Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: hresources@ww- ftz.org by Friday, 14th November 2019 at 4:30 pm. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam.
WWF is an equal opportunity organization.