Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job Opportunities at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title: NATIONAL CONSULTANT – VALUE CHAIN/YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
Job ID: 1902672
Job Posting: 31/Oct/2019
Closure Date: 15/Nov/2019, 1:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRURT
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar Es Salaam
Duration: 12 MONTHS
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all.
At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (Crop, Livestock, Fisheries & Forestry) development. The support is intended to facilitate the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems that effectively link smallholders to processing, value addition and end-markets supplying higher-value, nutritious and differentiated food products. FAO support is also aimed at creation of decent jobs and income opportunities in the Country, especially for youths.
For this reason, FAO would like to recruit a consultant who will oversee value chain development interventions in the country.
The National Consultant – Value chain / Youth Employment reports to the FAO Representative under direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities
The National Consultant- Value Chain / Youth Employment will undertake the following duties:
- Coordinate implementation of Sustainable Agriculture Value Chain Development project, including; technical support, financial management, monitoring of project activities and reporting
- Provide technical assistance to FAO partners in agricultural value chain development, agricultural supply chain management, private sector development, business development services and marketing
- Coordinate and support FAO’s efforts in promoting youth employment in agriculture and collaborate with the Agriculture Lead Ministries, other Government institutions, UN agencies, private sector and service providers implementing similar projects
- Maintain and develop strong partnerships with organized private sector organizations, cooperatives, partners, collaborators and development finance institutions
- Support development of agribusiness training materials.
- Support studies and surveys related to agribusiness such as value chain analysis, enterprise assessments, business and appraisals
- Represent FAO in meetings and other dialogues platforms with Governments, private sector, other partners, collaborators and donor organizations in relation to value chain development and youth involvement in agriculture.
- Organize and facilitates discussions on agribusiness investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sectors, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies;
- Provide technical assistance focusing on strengthening value chain actors’ skills, best practices, access to finance and other services for commodity specific value chain development;
- Work closely with the Programme team to identify opportunities for expanding the FAO-Tanzania field programme and to undertake resource mobilization for future activities, including development of concepts notes;
- Undertaking other duties as might be assigned by the FAO Representative and/or Assistant FAO Representative (Programmes)
- CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Advanced University degree preferably in Agriculture Economics, Business management, , agribusiness, or a related field
5 years working experience in Knowledge and practical experience in Agribusiness development including enterprise, value chain and agro-industry development
Candidate should be Tanzanian;
FAO Core Competencies
Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Extent and relevance of work experience;
Document writing skills.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT