Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Career Opportunities at ETDCO Limited 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Background – ETDCO
M/S Electrical Transmission and Distribution Construction and Maintenance Company (ETDCO) Limited) i
s a Subsidiary Company of TANESCO Limited established with the Objective of providing reliable electrical services for the TANESCO Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure countrywide and construction of new infrastructure for TANESCO and other companies within the country and beyond the borders. ETDCO Limited hereby invites Internal and External Applicants who are qualified, self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post:
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must possess the following:
- Good qualification from recognized Learning Institution
- Good reference that can demonstrate highest degree of integrity
- Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, creative and innovative
- Good team player
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Must be computer literate
Position: TRANSPORT OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: MANAGER HR AND ADMINISTRATION COMPANY: ETDCO LIMITED
With High integrity, responsible for all Company Fleet availability at all times to facilitate company operations efficiently by overseeing Drivers proficient upkeep of assigned vehi
cles and ensuring realistic vehicle repair and maintenance of company vehicle with accurate utilization of fuel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform checks of all vehicles to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- Supervise Drivers and ensure that resources are used to maximum productivity and provide monthly report on individual Drivers performance for management action.
- Advise on the serviceability of vehicle equipment in use and on the disposal of the equipment deemed unserviceable or beyond economical repair.
- Ensure that all log sheets are accurately maintained for all vehicles
- Keep electronic record logs regarding the total distance which is traveled by the vehicles
- Strive to maintain vehicle availability by ensuring minimum vehicle downtime ( less than 5 working days)
- Preparation of technical reports, statistics and other documents required for vehicle maintenance worth review.
- Prepare and develop Transport Safety, Driving Manual for Drivers and internal repair and maintenance guidelines for vehicles sustainability and company value for money in repair and maintenance.
- Through the use of Human Resources Policy propose training to Drivers and develop a good performance measure for Drivers for Company Performance Appraisal
- Perform other duties as required.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Certificate of Secondary Education Form IV or VI
- Diploma/ Degree in Automobile Engineering NIT or any other recognized institution
- Good relationship skills and ability to deal with different kind of people including Drivers, staff members etc
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Experience of not less than 1 year working in Transport Management
- Must be Computer literate with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
ETDCO Limited wishes to recruit competent persons with high values of integrity and honesty. Solicitation for favors will lead to disqualification of job aspirants.
The deadline for submission of applications is 12th November, 2019.
Applications must be addressed to:
P. O BOX 31532
DAR ES SALAAM
REGENT ESTATE, URSINO HOUSE 21 – MWAI KIBAKI ROAD