Jobs in Tanzania: New Job Opportunities at The Legal Services Facility (LSF) 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a registered Non- Governmental Organization (NGO) with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/00011. It is a basket fund created to channel funding on equal opportunity basis to organizations that provide Legal Aid and Paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. These services assist individuals to claim their rights, redress grievances and protect their fundamental human rights.
The LSF manages a basket fund to which DANIDA, DFID and the EU are contributors. It operates as a grant maker with the overall goal to increase access to justice through a legal empowerment approach, in particular for women and girls. Through implementing partners, a paralegal cadre of around 3,500 is supported, organized in 170 small district based paralegal organizations
Post: Director of Finance
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Finance (DF) will play a critical role in partnering with the Senior Management team in strategic decision making and operations as LSF continues to enhance its quality programming and develop its internal financial management capacity as well as the capacity of its implementing partners.
The DF will ensure that the LSF manages its finances in a prudent, transparent and accountable manner, open to scrutiny by LSF staff, The Board and the AGM, auditors and open to other forms of public scrutiny.
Equally the DF will ensure that LSF grantees / implementing partners manage their grants in a prudent, transparent and accountable manner, open to scrutiny by the LSF Secretariat, auditors and open to other forms of public scrutiny.
The DF will provide relevant financial management information on a regular basis (monthly and quarterly) to the LSF management team, the LSF Board, the AGM, donors and other parties as required.
- Master’s in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a similar relevant field.
- Must be a CPA holder.
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience; ideally at least 5 years at senior level in an NGO.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example.
- A track record in grants management.
- The ability to lead and motivate others.
- If you are Tanzanian and qualified for this post, please submit a single page application letter showing your suitability to the role with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by Wednesday 06th November, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.