Quality Officer Job Description
The Quality Officer is responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management Systems (QMS).
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to the internal, customer and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation and reporting on vendor quality systems.
- Keep up to date with the standards, regulations/laws, issues and news with respect to service quality.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement and review of the internal processes with a focus on those that affect the quality of the organization’s services.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g. results of quality audits, corrective actions etc.)
- Lead a team of appointed internal Quality Auditors.
- Create and execute end-to-end service assurance processes/ metrics/ reporting programs in full partnership with managed services, field maintenance, NOC and direct customer relations.
- Define and maintain documentation standards for all operations.
- Understand end-to-end operation areas to effectively develop detailed business requirements, process flows, and documentation for new system and tools supporting the NOC.
- Assist in the development of training for end-users on new processes, systems, and tools that are developed for the various projects.
- Assist in the development and/or delivery of presentation materials and project plans.
- Work closely with peer team members and Operations Managers to understand requirements and targeted metrics.
- Analyze, identify and communication opportunities to improve the MSOP support and process models.
- Effectively communicate out of process areas and track NOC operator performance gaps.
- Define, promote and ensure adherence to NOC processes and performance expectations.
- Identify and develop gap mitigation solutions in systems and tools that are required to meet NOC process and performance expectations.
- Perform self-directed tasks and others assigned by management, within area of specialization, that support continued organizational improvements.Handle all EHS and environmental plans and monitor the performance of all projects where is NEWL is operational.
Quality Officer requirements and qualifications
- Experience & Certification with quality assurance management body
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Experience in customer research with the purpose to assess customer needs and wants
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Sense of ownership in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in business administration/engineering or relevant field (is an added bonus)
The Quality Officer shall be reporting to the Quality Manager with the necessary reports based on the agreed timescale.
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz
Deadline: 24th December 2019